Friday, September 23, 2005

a malaysian gurl in scotland

well actually edinburgh, anyway when i arrived here in edinburgh, i was rather indifferent i'd say, not too happie not too sad.. its my first choice anyway.. so rather sceptical, still scorn from the fact that i was ripped away from my comfort zone and my family back in epo..

somehow i tried to look on the bright side but it seems that this places hates me.. i didn't get my keys for the accomodation cuz well i guess certain forms a) not sent out b) lost in the mail c)misplaced .. so i had to walk a distance b4 i cud get my keys.. and when i opened my room.. to my horror it was kinda like the worst room in the flat, it was looonnng believe me.. lonnng and narrow! its like they cornered off a part of the hallway and sed "oh my gawd we have not enuff rooms,lets just turn this part of the hallway into a room" (bugger) hmm i tot.. nvm.. whooosshhhaaa try to rearrange the furniture a bit to make it more roomy? well i did that.. except that the bed was too long to be placed next to the window and when i arranged my desks, i realised the room had weird angles! if the desk aligns with the window, it does not allign with the walls.. get the pic? so there are spaces ard the room where furniture just can't stick to the wall?!!

was already cursing when i further realised the next day that the darn bank system takes darn long to get sorted out!nvm sort out uni stuff? yuppers b4 i left, i sent my forms which i received 2 days 4 days b4 my flight.. soo had to courrier.. to my dismay that after a few days, my friends received their matrix cards wayy earlier than me even though i sent it in earlier.. so i was ermm id-less for more than a week! the uni also kinda forgot me? they sent out schedules to everyone regarding the transfer week except me.. so was wondering ard like a dummy for one day. gosh.. had so much trouble with passwords ard here as well.. i did not get mine! wut the heck!so cud not access the uni website etc etc.. the internet access drove me nuts as well.. we apparently have to get online to register with some user name and password given, send em an email, wait for 2 working days.. then get internet access in ur room.. crazee system! well i did that with sheer tolerance .. so registered together with 2 other friends.. the next day, they had internet access and me? none! soon, other ppl registered.. and they had internet access as well! ARGH>> i had to call up the internet ppl darn darn a lot of times and was told that i'd get mine very soon.. tipu me laa i had to call the next day and demand for it ...aiii finally in the afternoon i had internet access.. yohh wut an experience!

well soon,. things got settled.. one by one.. slowly.. and eventually.. hmmm tough luck.. but i am still staying in my tiny wee crammy hallway-like room.. and crossing my fingers for better luck to come by...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home